Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Poof! Whaddaya need?"

In honor of my all-time favorite Disney movie, I have dedicated this post to the Genie.
Let's see if you can catch all the references I use... *snicker*


I guess ten thousand years also makes you irritable.
No offence, Genie, we know it wasn't your fault.

I suppose Aladdin's genie is a different concept than what KI has given us, but in my opinion, KI's is pretty fantastic. Genie in the Sultan's Palace (seen below) allows a wizard to get a gift from the lamp once every 24 hours, and no, you cannot switch houses and receive another gift. It's a once-a-day affair, no matter whose house you are at. Maybe if you have nice wizard friends, they'll let you take a chance at the lamp in their house (that is, if you don't have a Sultan's Palace).

The ever impressive, often imitated, but never duplicated Kevin Battleblood and I have been using one another's lamps for a while now, depending on who gets to their house first. We both know I have such bad luck with his lamp! It's okay, Kevin, I forgive you.

We try to do a lamp run every day...

"But, Cassie, what's a lamp run?"

*You must be crazy. A little punch-drunk.
One too many hits with the snake...*

What is a lamp run, you ask? Well, sit back, relax, and I will explain!

In case of emergency, the exits are here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here anywhere!
Keep your hands and arms inside the carpet! We're outta here!

All right, sparky, here's the deal. It's true: you can only receive one "wish" from Genie every 24 hours on your wizard, but have you considered using your alts as well? Kevin and I travel to one of our palaces, collect what we can for our mains, and then do a little switcheroo. We log out of our main wizards (one by one of course) and use our alts to collect loot, too! "Hey, I never said it was one ACCOUNT per day, it's one WIZARD per day."

In order to do this, you need to be friends with your friend's alts. Once you both collect on your main, one of you logs out and ports in on another alt. Then, your friend can log out and port to you, and collect from the lamp again. Repeat this until you have collected on all of your characters! Believe me, this is very beneficial, especially if you need items to craft.

What can you collect from the Genie's lamp?

Our good friend Genie gives out all different sorts of items. You'll see different treasure cards (choke, storm shark, imp, etc.), various amounts of gold (1 gold, 2 gold, 50 gold, etc.), reagents varying in rareness (I've received everything from mushrooms and blood moss to sunstone and aquamarine), and pet snacks (I have not received any snack over rank 4 or 5). Though many claim it has nothing to do with the level of your wizard, I seem to be proving this wrong. My lowest level wiz only receives 1 or 2 gold each time, while Cassie gets one TC, one reagent, one snack, and some gold every time I visit. I'm going to keep testing this out.

So there you have it! You have been a fabulous audience! Tell you what, you're the best audience in the whole world. Take care of yourselves!
<3 Cassie

PS: In case you were wondering, I used 6 references. I tried to use more... it didn't work out. :P

4 comments:

  1. We could make a table on level and rewards for the next 7 weeks, to watch for trends. Maybe lamp-nome project, where everyone reports what level and rewards they are and received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LAMPNOME. YES. I approve this message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome & funny, just like you. :)

    First up, I want to say that I got a golden pearl the very first time I saw the genie, with the alt who owns the house and was level 30 or 31 at the time. I've often wondered if the toon who owns the house gets the best loot.

    Second, you touched on something in your article that I think is really important for some wizards to understand: how Friend lists get full so fast. The Friend list on most of my toons is fully of the various mains and alts of people I know IRL. That's why, when someone says to me, "delete someone to make room for me" I have to say no. I'm not going to delete an IRL friend for a rude stranger. :)

    Keep up the funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Chris!

    Hopefully I'll remember to document my future lamp findings so we can really get to the bottom of this seemingly "random" gig they've got here.

    I can honestly only imagine what it's like to be bombarded with friend asks. My list is pretty close to full as it is, but I only add people I get to know well in game, or, like you said, if I have an IRL friend who plays. I do get some people asking for me to add, but I've only been met with pleasant responses, which I find odd but refreshing.

    I'll protect you next time I see you at a party. ;) Bring on the fire power!

    ReplyDelete