Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I'm Back! A Little Vacation Overview

Aw, you're too kind!
Hellooooooo Spiral! Cassie Hexthorn has returned from her vacation in New Hampshire! It was nice to get out in the fresh mountain air and just relax. The whole reason for the vacation was the annual Family Flotilla, where a bunch of us (25+ people) get together, rent canoes/kayaks, and paddle down river for most of the day. We kayaked 5 miles to our campsite from upriver, and boy, was I tired after! This trip consisted of a lot of walking also, as there really isn't much to do in NH besides hike, boat, bike, and swim. Nevertheless, I had an awesome time! It's great to be back home, don't get me wrong, but I definitely needed the time away from the computer.

Here are a few photos from the trip:
(Click to enlarge them)

This was the view to the left of our campsite.
We were right on the Pemi River in Thornton.
It was a beautiful river, and many people jumped off this bridge.
I... I did not. I'm scared of heights. Poor Hexy, right?

We hiked up a mountain. Well, sort of hiked. We hiked around the mountain.
We climbed Canon Mtn. in a cable car before getting out and walking around.
This is one of many pictures I took to keep me distracted. Boo, heights!

We swam in this here river, which doesn't look like much of a river at all!
This is really part of the Pemi River, and as you can see, it hasn't rained in a while.
It was pretty fun, minus the bruises on my hips from the rapids and rocks.

This little guy (LOL, little...) was on a rock the day of the Flotilla.
I've never seen a dragonfly this big, and just HAD to take a photo.
I really got that close and he sat there like a good little dragonfly. Thanks, pal~

And last we have the Flume Gorge. We -once again- hiked through a mountain to see these sites.
Obviously those stairs and walkways are man-made. This place was beautiful!
And there you have it - basically all I did over the week, give or take a few other things like seeing HP 7 for the second time, eating too much ice cream, campfires, marshmallows, mini-golf, my little cousin who thinks I'm his girlfriend... Okay, Hexy, enough rambling!


In Spiral related news... well... there really is none on my end! I harvested my Couch Potatoes today and got an Empower TC, which I will probably either sell or give to TPC (eventually). I am still working on my Fairy Tale house, inspired by the fairy wings that came out not too long ago. Those pictures will be posted (along with a story) when I am finished. Definitely be on the lookout for that post!

Well, that's all for now, folks! I will see you in the Spiral!
<3 Cassie

2 comments:

  1. That neat area like camping, it make me want to go with my family, dang it! But Can't wait for fairy tales house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have ya back Cassie :) I love camping too! Glad ya had fun XD

    ReplyDelete